22nd Annual Santa Monica Festival
Experience a festival filled with an eclectic mix of music, dance, visual arts, food, information and shopping.
The Santa Monica Festival has returned for its 22nd consecutive year! According to its official website, “The Festival is a celebration with a purpose, highlighting the dynamic connection between the City’s communities, business, art, culture and the environment while offering ideas and options for a greener, healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.”
With an annual attendance of 10,000 people, the Santa Monica Festival offers an eclectic mix of live music and dance, DIY art workshops with recycles and repurposed materials, guilt-free shopping with earth-friendly artistic wares and local services offered by a variety of City, environmental and local non-profit organizations.
Take a look at everything the Santa Monica Festival has to offer:
- Performances: Energetic music and colorful dance from the groups, Boogaloo Assassins, The Lions, Contra-Tiempo and Jessica Fichot.
- Food Trucks & Carts: A wide variety of healthy and delicious foods.
- Culinary Stage: Cooking demonstrations from local chefs.
- Active Stage: Free, and not to mention fun, workout classes and demonstrations. Active Santa Monica offers something for everyone, of all ages and abilities, as part of the City’s commitment to enhancing the community’s wellbeing through fitness, recreation and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Marketplace: Guilt-free shopping featuring earth-friendly, artistic wares, jewelry and crafts from Santa Monica’s favorite artisans, artists and independent vendors.
- DIY: Hands-on art workshops for all ages.
- Bike Zone: Free bike valet, maintenance tips, bike repair and more.
- Eco Zone: Earth-friendly organizations featuring activities and information sessions on how to create positive and sustainable change on local, national and international levels.
- Town Square: Community members and organizations such as the American Red Cross, Santa Monica Fire Department, Santa Monica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, etc. show their commitment to making Santa Monica shine.
To reduce the impact on the environment and the Santa Monica community, the festival aims to be a zero waste event. They use alternative energy (the stage is solar powered and all electricity is renewable); carbon offsetting (all the vehicles driven to and from the event are offset); waste diversion (Zero Waste Stations are set up throughout the park to minimize trash going to the landfill and maximize recycling and composting); and product replacement (all utensils are either compostable or recyclable).
The Santa Monica Festival is presented by the City of Santa Monica Cultural Affairs Division & the Office of Sustainability and the Environment; and produced by Community Arts Resources.
Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013
Location: Clover Park. 2600 Ocean Park Blvd.
Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For More Information: Call 213.365.0605
WHERE TO STAY
Stay Stylish by the Sea No place captures the spirit of Southern California like Santa Monica—and no building captures the spirit of Santa Monica like the distinctively Art Deco-styled Georgian Hotel. Original period details meet modern amenities at this refurbished California classic built in 1933. 1415 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA; 310.395.9945