April is Chicago Dance Month!
Celebrate the city’s dance scene during Chicago’s Dance Month!
City of Chicago—we hope you are shimmying, shaking, moving and grooving! Why? The month of April marks the first annual Chicago Dance Month!
Sponsored by Audience Architects, a non-profit organization dedicated to dance, Chicago’s Dance Month celebrates the breadth, variety and richness of the Chicago dance community by promoting a wealth of dance performances, educational opportunities, master classes and other events in partnership with various venues across the city.
Audience Architects Executive Director Heather Hartley said, “With National Dance Week coming up [April 28 – May 5], this is the ideal moment to launch Chicago Dance Month and introduce Chicagoans and visitors to the tremendous dance our city has to offer.”
Not the best dancer? That’s no excuse not to celebrate. Check out Audience Architects’ 10 Reasons to Celebrate Dance in Chicago! (www.audiencearchitects.com)
- The second city is home to over 200 professional dance companies and choreographers.
- There are dozens of dance performances happening in Chicago at any given time; not to mention all the workshops, classes and social dancing events.
- Not only are there lots of dance events, these physical virtuosos also understand that accessibility is key to filling the house. Check out dance performance discounts at seechicagodance.com!
- Dance artists are constantly looking for new and interesting ways to engage Chicago audiences.
- Did you know that Chicago’s mayor, Rahm Emanuel, loves to dance?
- Also, Chicago boasts a wealth of dance groups from different cultures and neighborhoods throughout the city.
- The inaugural celebration of Chicago Dance Month culminates in “National Dance Week!”
- Dance is a stress-busting, spirit-lifting activity!
- It’s happening all over the world!
- Last, and certainly not least, dance brings people together!
There are performances nearly every day from April 1st – May 4th. And select performances will have discount tickets available to purchase!
So whether it’s seeing a performance or just taking a class, get out there, Chicago, and celebrate dance!
Chicago Dance Month partners include American Rhythm Center, Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Chicago Park District, Choose Chicago, National Dance Week Foundation and The Old Town School of Folk Music.
*Photo from DanceWorks Chicago Facebook page.
Date: The entire month of April
Location: Multiple Chicago Locations
WHERE TO STAY
The Willows Hotel
The moment you arrive, you’ll feel the effortless charm of a French country home, accented by our 19th century-style furnishings and the warm welcome of our friendly staff. 555 West Surf, Chicago, IL 60657. 888.779.1904
City Suites Hotel
A sleek, retro property characterized by its unique Art Deco style. 933 West Belmont, Chicago, IL, 60657, 773.404.3400.
This hotel has lots of charm with its comfortable, delightful atmosphere of an upscale English manor, amidst the energetic city life of the bustling Lakeview neighborhood. 528 West Brompton, Chicago, IL 60657. 773.404.3499