Kick off the summer festival season in the Windy City with a weekend of fun at Chicago’s Mayfest! Located only 1 mile from the event, Broughton’s boutique City Suites hotel is the perfect place to stay for the weekend of May 20th-22nd.
About Chicago’s Mayfest
For the 21years and counting, Chicago’s Mayfest has been offering the city a weekend of endless fun in preparation for the festival season to come. Kick off the weekend with your favorite tribute bands on Friday night, followed by a family celebration of Kids Day America on Saturday morning, and even more bands to dance to on Sunday! The main stage is set up under a big-top tent, featuring a beer garden offering some of the best ice-cold beverages. The full band line-up of the weekend features:
- 8pm: Trippin’ Billies– The Dave Matthew’s Tribute Band
- 6pm: Suburban Cowboys– The ultimate country cover band
- 8pm: Too White Crew– Old school hip-hop party band
- 6pm: The Boy Band Night– A live band event paying homage to everything that is boy bands!
- 4pm: Wedding Banned– The most interesting band in the world
- 2pm: Libido Funk Circus– Chicago’s premier dance party band
- 8pm: 7th Heaven– We’ve seen a million faces and we’ve rocked them all!
- 6pm: Rod Tuffcurls– The cover band that’s never seen a cover band
- 4pm: Mr. Blotto– Takes the jam band aesthetic into areas unfamiliar to the standard jam scene
- 2pm: Whistling Dixies– Female-fronted powerhouse in Chicago’s country music scene
In addition to the bands and beverages, Mayfest also has some exciting family-friendly events scheduled for the weekend:
- Chicago Kids Day– A celebration of children’s health and wellness! Offering a fun and entertaining way to educate and teach kids about health and safety. Activities include: Health and Scoliosis Screenings, arts and crafts, healthy food, prize drawings and giveaways, balloons, kid’s Zumba, Kiddie Boot Camp, and Children’s Empowerment Awards…a chance to win money for your school! Enter the easy Chicago Kids Day Coloring Contest and win a $250 donation from the Total Balance Chiropractic to give to the school of your choice. Event runs from 10am-2pm.
- 12pm: Justin Roberts & The Not Ready for Naptime Players– Grammy-nominated, unexpectedly intelligent and whimsically rocking music
Admission fee to Chicago’s Mayfest is $10/person at the gate. Early bird discounted tickets are available online now for $7.50/person, and a double package with 2 single day admissions and 2 free beers is also available online for $25. The event is conveniently located at 3100 N. Ashland Ave, only a couple blocks away from the Paulina stop on the Brown Line.
Where: 3100 N. Ashland Ave, Chicago
When: Friday, May 20th– Sunday, May 22nd
Where to Stay
City Suites Hotel
A sleek, retro property characterized by its unique Art Deco style. 933 West Belmont, Chicago, IL 60657. 773.404.3400