Get your Tickets Today for the First Ever Santa Barbara LOL Comedy Festival
In its first year in a new location the Santa Barbara LOL Comedy Festival will take advantage of its surroundings by showcasing Santa Barbara’s historic Theater District. This 6-day festival is the first of its kind to take place in Santa Barbara and is sure to be a big hit with crowds.
The main acts will take place at the Granada, Lobero and Arlington Theaters while smaller performances will take place at various other locations around Santa Barbara.
The LOL Comedy Festival decided on the change to become the “Santa Barbara” LOL Comedy Festival due to its excellent position as a world-class coastal destination as well as it’s success as the host of the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
- Eleanor Kerrigan – This former waitress at LA’s comedy factory has certainly come a long way. After being discovered by Andrew Dice Clay who first encouraged her to get on stage, Kerrigan has gone on to become a successful touring comic herself.
- Jason Rouse– Rouse has been described as “taking the mainstream comedy world and turning it upside down” Check him out if you want to see something new!
- Brad Williams – Brad Williams doesn’t let his dwarfism hold him back. He has appeared on such television programs as The Tonight Show and Live at Gotham. He’s even been called “prozac with a head” by comedy legend Robin Williams who was impressed by his onstage energy.
- Kirk Fox – This dual threat actor/comedian has had roles in Forgetting Sarah Marshlal, Reno 911, and Parks and Recreation. He’s also had appearances on Jay Leno. His comedy chops include winning the jury prize for best standup at the 2007 HBO comedy festival in Aspen.
- Jay Mohr – Jay Mohr has been performing since he was 16 and has worked his way onto Comedy Central’s 100 greatest stand up comics of all time list. His three tenets “no notes, no two shows the same and never pick on the audience” make his stage performances truly memorable.
- Russell Peteres – The LOL Comedy festival will mark the starting point for Peteres world tour. He’s known for his appearance on Last Comic Standing , the movie Chef and his impressive ability to improvise with the audience.
- Jim Jeffries – Creator of FXX comedy series Legit, Jim Jeffries will be making his first appearance in Santa Barbara.
- Andrew Dice Clay – This “undisputed bad boy of comedy” was the first comedian to sell out Madison Square Garden two nights in a row. He’s been active since 1978 and is sure to impress this year.
- Super Naked – This musical act adds something different to the festival.Their sounds cover multiple genres and they are legitimately talented musicians as well as hilarious comedy minds.
- Rip Taylor – Though he won’t be performing live at the festival. The premiere of a documentary about this veteran comic, “Rip, Rip, Hooray” will kick off the SBLOL Festival. There will also be a Q&A session with Taylor after the show.
Next Up Standup
Besides the regular schedule of headliners, A collection of “up and coming” performers that will be part of a series on Hulu will have a part in the festival. It will kick off at the Lobero but will continue throughout the festival at various other venues around town.
One of the unique aspects of the SBLOLFest is the fact that many of the performances will be filmed and produced for broadcast by lolflix.com. This means many of the shows will sell-out. So act quickly if you’d like to attend!
One of the best options for attending the festival is to purchase the VIP pass for $350.00 it includes access to every show and premium seating as well as some other perks. If you’d rather just get a few tickets you can still purchase individual tickets for each show.
When: September 2nd-7th
Where: Granada, Arlington and Lobero Theaters in Santa Barbara
Tickets: VIP Pass (Includes access to all shows): $35 , Individual show tickets: Various
WHERE TO STAY
Spanish Garden Inn
Santa Barbara’s finest luxury boutique hotel, located downtown. 915 Garden Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. 805-564-4700.