Grand Opening of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" At Universal Studios Hollywood
Hogwarts is finally coming to Hollywood on Thursday, April 7th and you definitely don’t want to miss it! Located less than 7-miles from Universal Studios Hollywood, Broughton’s Hotel Normandie is the perfect place to stay for a magical getaway at “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and Universal Studios Hollywood.
About “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”
The much-anticipated grand opening of Universal Studios Hollywood’s interactive Harry Potter theme park is finally here. Starting at 8am on Thursday, April 7th, explore the mysteries of Hogwarts castle and experience the pulse-pounding rides and attractions that transport you into a world of magic and excitement. Major rides and attractions include:
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey-
For the first time in the U.S. in 3-D, make your way through the classrooms and corridors of Hogwarts. Then soar above the castle grounds on a groundbreaking new ride that lets you join Harry Potter and his friends on an unforgettably thrilling adventure.
Flight of the Hippogriff-
Universal Studios Hollywood’s first outdoor family-friendly coaster! Learn the proper way to approach a Hippogriff before you take off on a coaster that spirals and dives around the pumpkin patch, and swoops past Hagrid’s hut.
Triwizard Spirit Rally-
Cheer on the colorful procession of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students as they lead the excitement for the Triwizard Tournament.
Enjoy a presentation of songs by a small choir of Hogwarts students, accompanied by their large croaking frogs.
Experience Ollivanders, Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, where you can see a wand choose a wizard. You can purchase your own Ollivanders wand or choose from a selection that includes Harry Potter film character wand replicas, collectible wand sets, and more.
After you finish exploring Hogsmeade and its thrilling attractions, catch a bite to eat and take home your very own Chocolate Frogs and Marauder’s Map from the following shopping and dining options:
- Three Broomsticks– Fish & chips, shepherd’s pie, BBQ chicken and ribs, the “Great Feast Platter”, turkey legs, soup, salads, deserts, Pumpkin Juice and Butterbeer.
- Butterbeer Cart– Butterbeer, fresh fruit, cold beverages, bottled beers and snacks.
- Honeydukes– The legendary shop for sweets! Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans, exploding bonbons, Peppermint Toads, Fudge Flies, Chocolate Frogs and more.
- Owl Post– Send a letter using the Hogsmeade postmark, buy stationary, stamps, and owl-related toys and gifts.
- Zonko’s Joke Shop– Novelty items, jokes, toys and sweets.
- Dervish and Banges– Quidditch equipment, Hogwarts uniforms and more.
- Gladrags Wizardwear– Wizard apparel, hats, accessories and jewelry
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment– A variety of wizarding wares and supplies including crystal balls, telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
- Magic Neep Cart– Fresh fruit, cold beverages, bottled beer and snacks.
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods– Hogwarts clothing, movie prop replicas, magical creature toys and Marauder’s Maps.
Purchase tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood to get access to “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”. Tickets to the park range from $80-299, depending on the day and package. You can see all available ticket options here, as well as a calendar depicting prices for specific days.
Click Here For More Information On…
- Universal Studios Hollywood Attractions
- VIP Experience
- Theme Park Overview
- Park Map
- Parking and Transportation
- Park Hours
For more information on “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” launch the interactive experience for a virtual walk-through of the park and follow Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Grand Opening of “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” at Universal Studios Hollywood!
Where: Universal Studios Hollywood– Universal City, CA
When: Thursday, April 7th, 8am-10pm
Where to Stay
Located just 3 miles from the Staples Center, Hotel Normandie is a perfect place to stay! The historical hotel, first built in 1926, has been restored to reflect its roots of having a sleek and comforting design. Located within the Wilshire District, the Normandie is centrally located in Los Angeles and is surrounded by great dining, shopping, and attractions such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Fox and MGM’s studios. 605 South Normandie Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90005. 213.388.8138.