Holiday Shows at the Granada Theatre
Spend an evening at the historic Granada Theatre to celebrate the magic of the holidays! Christmas shows are playing all of December at the theatre; located less than 4 miles from Broughton’s boutique hotel, the Inn at East Beach is the perfect place to stay for a weekend getaway with the family.
About The Granada Theatre
The Granada Theatre has been the anchor of Santa Barbara’s Cultural District since it opened on April 9, 1924. Flappers and bootleggers admired the wide staircases, lovely Spanish fixtures and Moorish arches during the roaring 20’s. The theatre was the and first and only 119-ft tall, eight-story building in Santa Barbara at that time, and still stands as the tallest structure in the city today. In 2003 Rob Rossi of Rossi Enterprise purchased the historic theatre. Rossi separated the tower and theatre into two properties and donated a 99-year lease to the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts. The goal was to restore and renovate the theatre to make it more comfortable and contemporary while still maintaining it’s 1920s character. This goal was achieved in March 2008 with the help of the New York firm Sachs Morgan, theatre consultants for The Pantages in Los Angeles, The Orpheum in San Francisco, and ten Broadway theatres. The Granada Theatre successfully combines the charm of the past with the technology and amenities of the future while continuously providing Santa Barbara with culturally rich entertainment.
The month of December is full of holiday shows at the Granada Theatre:
- Merry-Achi Christmas: Sunday, December 6 @ 3pm- Mariachi music accompanies folkloric dance as the show celebrates the traditions of Mexico during the Christmas season. Tickets are available for $28-73
- Rat Pack Christmas: Tuesday, December 8 & Wednesday, December 9 @ 7:30pm- “Extremely strong and hugely entertaining!” Swing along to your favorite Rat Pack tunes and Christmas classics. Take a nostalgic musical trip down memory lane with this hilarious infamous group. Tickets are available for $33-68
- Colleen & Joshua’s Holiday Spectacular: Tuesday, December 15 @ 7:30pm- enjoy an evening full of singing, dancing, magic, comedy, and holiday cheer with newlywed YouTube sensations Colleen and Joshua Evans! Special appearances by Miranda Sings, the Ballinger family, and other YouTube friends. Tickets are available for $39.50-80
- The Nutcracker: Saturday, December 19 @ 2pm and 7:30 & Sunday, December 20 @ 2pm- a family favorite based on the classic story by E. T. A. Hoffman is brought to life by the State Street Ballet this season! Enjoy an evening of unforgettable music by Tchaikovsky that tells the story of a young Clara and her nutcracker as they travel through a magical dream world together. Tickets are available for $36-104; students and kids under 12 are $24.
- New Year’s Eve Pops: Thursday, December 31 @ 8:30pm- bid farewell to 2015 and prepare to welcome 2016 while being entertained by favorites from screen, stage, and Broadway. Santa Barbara’s not-to-be-missed party lights up the theatre until 10:30pm! Tickets are available for $38-153.
- A full list of events happening at the Granada Theatre, click here.
- Maps and directions, click here.
- A seating chart, click here.
- Dining, click here.
- Photos of the theatre, click here.
Holiday Shows at the Granada Theatre
Where: Santa Barbara, California
When: December 6-31
Where to Stay
Inn at East Beach
Whatever makes your ideal California weekend getaway, The Inn at East Beach Hotel in Santa Barbara is here to help you stay well- and well within your budget! 1029 Orilla Del Mar, Santa Barbara, CA. 93103. 805.965.0546