Midsommer Musik Festival
Celebrate summer in true ancient traditional Danish fashion!
The 2nd Annual Midsommer Musik Festival is returning to Solvang Third Wednesday tomorrow, June 19th, to celebrate the coming of summer!
Both locals and tourists alike can enjoy tunes of local music artists ranging from blues to pop to solos to quartets. The fun starts at noon—when the sun is the highest—and will go until midnight. For 12 incredible hours, “music will be in the air over the village of Solvang in celebration of the incredible weather and the joyous season,” the Solvang Third Wednesday website said.
Check out the Midsommer Musik ’13 Schedule:
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Steve Ochoa and the Usual Suspects – Blues music. Denmarket Square, 1693 Mission Drive
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Alan Satchwell and Woody Demarco Duo – Jazz music. Jensen’s Square, Copenhagen Drive and Alisal Road
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Blues Bob – A One-Man Blues show. Atterdag Square, 448 Atterdag Road
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Lynni & Franci – Silky Pop Vocals. 425 Alisal Road, by the Home Connection
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Seth Shomes – Piano and vocals. 1539 Mission Drive by the Wandering Dog Wine Bar
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Vineyard Voices Quartet – A Capella Concert. 1680 Mission Drive outside the Book Loft
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Spun Honey Duo – Country Americana Rock Band. Corner of Copenhagen and First Street by Rabobank
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm: The Mojo Combo – Electrified Blues Band dedicated to the “respect” of the Blues. Solvang Park (corner of Mission and First street). Bring a blanket, chairs, picnic and your favorite beverage (wine and beer allowed)!
- 9:00 pm – Midnight: Midsummer’s Eve Traditional Danish Fire Ring, followed by the 80s sounds of the Molly Ringwald Project at the Solvang Brewing Company, 1547 Mission Drive
The night will end with a Midsommer’s Eve Fire Ring, and guests can partake in the Danish tradition of the Midsommervise Bonfire. Write your troubles on a piece of paper, throw them on the bonfire, watch them go up in smoke at 9:00 p.m. and dance the night away.
Solvang Third Wednesday is a day to shop Solvang, save money and have fun! Held on the third Wednesday of every month, over 60 stores, restaurants, wine tasting rooms and professional offices offer special discounts and sales all day.
Date: June 19, 2013
Time: Noon to Midnight
Location: Solvang Park
WHERE TO STAY
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
A fantasy of cottages, chateau suites and deluxe guest rooms in the heart of Solvang. 1564 Copenhagen Drive, Solvang, CA 93463. 1-800-824-6444