Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Discover the best in independent and international cinema at the 31st Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival! Located less than 1 mile from the historic Arlington Theatre, Broughton’s Spanish Garden Inn is the perfect place to stay February 3-13th.
About Santa Barbara International Film Festival
The beautiful downtown Santa Barbara transforms into a rich destination for film lovers each year at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. This non-profit arts and educational organization is dedicated to discovering and showcasing the best in independent and international cinema, offering the community 11 days full of 200+ films, tributes, and symposiums. Each year the event attracts over 90,000 guests, offering a number of free programs and educational seminars. Free programs at this year’s event include:
- Daily free screenings
- AppleBox screenings
- Filmmaker and Industry seminars
- Super Silent Sunday
- 10-10-10 Student Competitions
- 3rd Weekend screenings
- Youth CineMedia
In addition to the free program offerings, the Santa Barbara International Film Festival also has other events to attend throughout the week. Highlights include:
- Opening Night Gala– kick off the festivities at the Arlington Theatre! Guests 21 and over will experience the beautiful Spanish Paseo Nuevo transform into a film-themed gala filled with food, drinks, dancing, and live entertainment. Open to the public
- Festival Pavilion– the core of the International Film Festival, Platinum Passholders congregate to discuss films while mingling with filmmakers and industry professionals. Weekday mornings are filled with filmmaker seminars (free of charge and open to the public) while late afternoons are for happy hours with appetizers and drinks. “Studio” parties follow events where guests can have a bite to eat, drink, and enjoy live music
- Kirk Douglas Award for Excellence in Film– one lucky contributor to cinema will be awarded the Kirk Douglas Award for their work in front of the camera, behind, or both. Previous winners include Jane Fonda, Robert DeNiro, Quentin Tarantino, John Travolta, and more. The event starts with a cocktail reception and a red carpet followed by an extravagant dinner and tribute in an intimate setting.
- Celebrity Tributes– don’t miss the award presentations with celebrity honorees! Awards include the Maltin Modern Master Award, American Riviera Award, Montecito Award, Outstanding Performance of the Year Award, Cinema Vanguard Award, Virtuosos Award, Outstanding Director of the Year, Variety Artisans Award, and the David Attenborough Award for Excellence in Nature Filmmaking.
There are a variety of tickets and packages available for those interested in the event. Prices range from $20-7,500 depending on the event, and all purchases must be made in advance. Stay up to date with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Where: Santa Barbara, California
When: Wednesday, February 3rd to Saturday, February 13th
Where to Stay
Spanish Garden Inn
Santa Barbara’s finest luxury boutique hotel, located downtown. The Spanish Garden Inn is your perfect summer festival basecamp. Enjoy its unique atmosphere and luxurious accommodations while planning out your days itinerary! 915 Garden Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. 805.564.4700