Summer Nights at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles offers a great event titled: Summer Nights in the Garden. Taking place a few days in the summer this event is a fun-filled and relaxing way to spend a Friday evening for both adults and kids alike.
Summer Nights in the Garden is perfect for anyone who likes to spend time outside and get their hands a little dirty. It’s also a great family event, inspire your little ones to enjoy learning about the earth and its history with this fun and highly interactive event.
Summer Nights 2015 will take place from 5-9pm, July 24th, August 7th and August 21st.
Here’s a quick summary of all of the activities included in Summer Nights, some of these events require tickets (free on a first come first serve basis) so be sure to RSVP if you plan on going.
- Music – DJs will be bringing the best music all night
- Pickling – Food writer Emily Han will show you how to pickle various food items.
- Nature Screen Printing – Get some awesome
- Bee Hotels – Though some sting, bees are a huge part of our ecosystem, learn more about their ecosystem while building them “hotels with some natural history museum entomologists.
- Botanical Tours – Take a beautiful tour of the garden with Natural History museum staff members
- Patio Chats
- Smoke Fly Sampling
- Enchanted Toy Theater Performances – these theater productions are great for kids!
- Live Animal Presentations
About the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, commonly abbreviated NHM, is the largest and oldest museum of its type in the western United States. Opened in 1913, the museum maintains sections dedicated to dinosaurs, history, minerals and pre-Colombian cultures among many others.
Join the Conversation on Social Media
Date: July 24th, August 7th and August 21st
Time: 5pm to 9pm
Photo Attribution: By Los Angeles (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
WHERE TO STAY
This historical hotel, first built in 1926, has been restored to reflect its roots of having a sleek and comforting design. Located within the Wilshire District, the Normandie is centrally located in Los Angeles and is surrounded by great dining, shopping and attractions such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Fox and MGM’s studios. 605 South Normandie Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90005 213-388-8138